COURTHOUSES, PERIGUEUX

The project consists in creating an annexe to the Périgueux courthouses, to hold the civil proceedings for the local high and county courts. The design is compartmentalised by function: one level dedicated to the judges of the two courts and another to their clerks, to facilitate communication between the departments. Located on the corner of Place du Général Leclerc and facing the neoclassical building designed by the architect Louis Catoire (1830), our proposal seeks to complement the composition and offer a new vision of the institution. The importance of the public concourse is emphasised by being positioned on a promontory offset from the main building. The services are located at the rear of the building, hidden away behind a lattice-work façade that reproduces the colour and rhythm of the surrounding buildings.

Images © Pixel enlargement

COURTHOUSES, PERIGUEUX

Construction of the civil proceedings

Location :

Périgueux (24)

Team :

PETITDIDIERPRIOUX, architectes mandataires en phase conception
AIA, bet Structure
ALTO, bet Fluides & HQE
MDETC, économiste
CEROC, opc

Client :

Agence pour l’immobilier de la Justice

Program :

Creating an annexe to the Périgueux courthouses, to hold the civil proceedings for the local high and county court

Area :

1614 m² SHON

Schedule :

Competition 2011

Budget :

2,8 M€ HT

Partager: